Friday, October 7, 2011

Ruffle Cake




I have been seeing ruffle cakes everywhere latley. I think they are so pretty and I really wanted to to give it a try. I decided to make one for Emma's 2nd Birthday. I found a tutorial on you tube here. I used the Martha Stewart Swiss Meringue Butter Cream recipe. I used only 6 sticks of butter instead of 8 and I used salted butter. It made plenty of icing. I made one layer, cut it in half filled and iced it. I really wanted to make a 2 or 3 layer cake, but this was only for the 5 of us so I opted to just make a smaller one. It came out so pretty, and it was very yummy too!  I found these sweet little princess wand candles to add to the top. As you can see by the picture below, Emma does not like to be sung to! She cried all through her Birthday song, but she loves the cake! Happy Birthday to my sweet little girl!

Happy 2nd Birthday Emma!

No comments:

Post a Comment