Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chocolate mousse cake

So Today My oldest turned 8 years old!! I cannot wrap my head around the idea that he is going to be a teen in a few short years!! For his Birthday Josh gave me a menu of what he wanted to eat on his big day. First up, for breakfast Happy Pancakes. Then for dinner he wanted BBQ Ribs and for his cake he wanted Chocolate Mousse cake. Chocolate Mousse cake, seriously? When I was 8 all I wanted was a Cookie Puss from Carvel!! I mean he is obviously my kid because I love Chocolate Mousse(who doesn't?), I just was not expecting that request! Of course I made him one, i mean you only turn 8 once! It was 3 layers, the bottom layer Devils Food cake, the middle layer Milk Chocolate Mousse and the top was Fresh Whipped cream that I just piped on with a star tip. It came out really yummy, and he said it was exactly what he asked for. My hubby was actually surprised it came out as neat as it did! I love to bake , but I am far from a professional and usually my cakes are lopsided, lol! The only thing is, I was afraid to take the cake off of the bottom of the spring foam pan. so I just left it, my luck the whole thing would of wound up on the floor!  My mom's birthday is in a few weeks I think I may make her this cake, except I think I will try a triple mousse this time!



Happy Birthday Josh!  

No comments:

Post a Comment