Monday, October 24, 2011

Harry Potter Birthday Invitations


Josh told me about a month after his Jedi Training Party last year that he wants to be Harry Potter for Halloween and have a Harry Potter Birthday Party. So of course that's what we are doing this year. I really didn't want to get generic invitations so I decided to make them. Josh wants the whole Hogwarts experience for his party so we are doing, Potions class, Quidittch and then some shopping in Hogsmeade. I thought it would be fitting to send the invitations out to look like the Hogwarts Acceptance Letter from Book 1. I found the Lumos font and some other cool fonts and graphics online. I used the wording from the first book and of course tweaked it a little to make it an invitation for a Birthday Party. I printed it on parchment paper using green ink. I found Professor McGonagalls signature online and added that to the bottom to make it official. I also added the Hogwarts crest to the top of the invitation and cut one out and glued it to the back of the envelope. Josh said it would be funny if an owl really delivered his invitations to his friends. Of course that is not possible, but I added a little image of an owl to the bottom of the envelope to be funny. His party is mid November so I still have a few weeks to get everything in order. I am sure the parents are going to think I am completely nuts, but Oh Well, Josh is excited and I have to admit so am I!


envelope, like the owl?

back of envelope

closer look of the wording!

No comments:

Post a Comment